Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Li Yaa - Damansara Heights

So, over the weekend we went to this Sri Lankan bar/restaurant named A Li Yaa.



It is situated next to Jarrod & Rawlins, I'm sure most of you know where that establisment is. Anyway, the address and contact for A Li Yaa is provided below.

Now, on to the drinks. During our meal, I ordered a bottle of Heineken (RM13) and she ordered a pint of Kilkenny (RM23). I would've preferred a Heineken draft but they were out of Heineken that night.
Check out the cool Heineken tap;

Cool ain't it?

The signature drinks at A Li Yaa are pretty interesting. With names like Elephant Walk, Aliyaa Orgasm, Aliyaa Shaker, Neela Maayam, and etc.

I ordered the Kumari Cooler(RM18). Which is a mixture of Mendis (Sri Lankan whisky), cherry brandy liquer, soda water and grenadine.

Kumari Cooler (RM18)

I chose the Kumari Cooler because I wanted to try Sri Lankan whisky. It turned out to be a very sweet drink, with a tinge of sour at the end. Probably due to the cherry brandy and the cherry fruit in the drink.

My date chose the Neela Maayam (RM19), which is a mixture of gin, lychee liquer, pineapple juice & blue caracao.

This drink was rather sweet and I liked how the pineapple wasn't too overpowering.
If you have nothing else better to do, or would like to try some rather interesting cocktails, head on down to A Li Yaa.

Address:
8, Jalan Lorong Dungun,
Damansara Heights KL

Tel:
03-2092 5378

Web:

More pics:


 









0 alcoholics said something:

Related Posts with Thumbnails